I have partnered up with a supply company to talk about remodeling. I chose the topic tile floors because we currently have concrete floors and they could not be a worse floor to have with a toddler. They stain, crack and are virtually impossible to repair!
10 Ways That Tile Flooring is Better than Other Floors
Tile flooring has been a mainstay in homes for many years because of its versatility and easy maintenance. While there are a lot of other flooring options out there to choose from such as wood or carpet, the subcategory of tile flooring provides a wide range of choices within itself. But these are just a few benefits from a long list. Here are some of the best reasons to choose tile flooring for your home.
1. Easy to clean and maintain. Once tile flooring is properly sealed, it’s incredibly easy to clean: just sweep and mop! You don’t have to worry about stains like you would for carpet. Spills are easily wiped away and disinfected.
2. Simple to install. Most do-it-yourselfers can install a tile floor with the right amount of patience and preparation. It only takes a few steps: prepping the area, installing the tile, and finishing with grout.
3. Durable. Due to its resistance to staining and general wear, tile is perfect for high-traffic areas. When your tile looks worse for wear, just sweep and mop with some household cleaner. Also, you’ll never have to worry about spills or floods ruining tile like they would with wood flooring or carpet.
4. Easy to repair. Although durable, tile is not very impact-resistant. But when one or two tiles become cracked, it’s simple to remove and replace them with new tiles. In contrast, it’s not easy to replace just a few warped hardwood flooring planks or a square of stained carpet.
5. Inexpensive. Tile flooring is one of the most cost-effective flooring options available, and probably the best value when you consider the long lifespan of tile compared to carpet or vinyl flooring.
6. Moisture resistant. Unlike wood floors, excessive moisture will not damage tiles, making them perfect for high-humidity areas such as bathrooms and kitchens. Their moisture resistance is another reason tile floors are so easy to clean.
7. Flexible for design. Because tiles are available in so many sizes, tile flooring leaves plenty of room for your creative side to take over. You can mix and match sizes, or lay tile in specific shapes to set off areas such as foyers.
8. Available in many styles. From plain white subway tiles to huge mosaic tiles, the list of tile styles is seemingly endless. You’re all but guaranteed to find a tile that matches your style and budget if you look at a variety of manufacturers.
9. Adaptable. Tile flooring can be used in all rooms of a home, and it’s great for keeping cool in homes located in hot and humid climates. Tile flooring works as well in your kitchen as it does in semi-outdoor rooms such as a screened porch. And it can be used for walls and backsplashes, too.
10. Adds value to your home. Because tile is so inexpensive per square foot and can be installed by most do-it-yourselfers, it is a great way to raise the value of your home with minimal investments of time and money.