I was gifted a Hana Elite Flat Iron from the awesome people at Misikko. They sell quite a selection of hair straighteners and other hair styling tools. Check their "Best Flat Iron" category for such brands as Chi flat irons, FHI flat irons and the Hana Elite !
From the product site:
- 100% Solid Ceramic Plates Never Peel or Degrade
- Tourmaline infused into the heating elements for maximum thermal protection
- Large Integrated Ceramic Heaters with Full Plate Coverage for the Most Consistent, Conditioning Far Infrared Heat Possible
- Ceramic is naturally hygienic, protects color & retards fading
- Unique black ceramic plates won't discolor with use of products or hair dyes
- Adjustable Temperature Dial - 5 Settings from 140-450° F for All Hair Types
- Flash Heats in Seconds with Instant Compensation for Heat Loss
- Safe to use on Damp to Dry Hair
- Beveled Edges mean Easy Curled, Flipped, Spiked or Straight Styles
- Ergonomic Handle Design with No-Slip Grip
- Smooth Grooves Keep Hair Strands Separate and Snag-Free
- Sleek luxury matte finish
- Tangle-Free Salon Quality Cord Swivels 360°; Convenient Hanging Loop
- Energy Efficient at 38 Watts
- Independent On/Off Switch
- Includes Luxe Heat Proof Storage Pouch, Heat Proof Silicone Mat, & Special Edition Tin Case
I was positively giddy when I opened the package. Talk about presentation! It also smelled delicately sweet. I had recently broke my favorite flat iron and this couldn't have come at a better time.
First thoughts on looks alone. This is one impressive iron. The matte black handle and glossy black plate. SLEEEEEEK. They also included a heat proof mat, storage and travel case! Also some other fun goodies including a heat protector hair product. There is an on and off switch which surprisingly not all irons have! My last very fancy one didn't have one. There is an adjustable temperature dial that ranges from 140-450° F. It comes with a little book with recommended temps based on your type of hair.
I plugged it in, turned the dial to 350° F and an waited about a minute. I could tell when I hovered my hand over it that it was already hot! My hair is very thick and I have a lot of it too. It naturally has a wave to it. I had had my hair in a bun all day so I had a real big curl in it so I was really putting it through a test!
A quick glide over your hair is all it takes and the result is super sleek and smooth.
It only took a few minutes to do my entire head. It looks and feels awesome. I can't stop petting myself. It was the kind of smooth that usually only a hairdresser can give me. My final opinion is it is a very superior product. It is professional quality and I would highly recommend it to anyone out there looking for a flat iron. I flat iron my hair every single day and I can see this being my new best buddy. It even came with a heat proof mat and travel case to safely take it with you when you travel.
Now the best part??? Misikko wants to give one to one of you my lovely readers! This iron has a retail value of $359. They will send you the iron directly if you win. Men enter for the woman in your life who wants straight hair!
You have FOUR chances to win. To enter you must leave a separate comment saying you completed each step. (possible 4 comments total) I will use a random number generator and choose the winner on Friday February 26th.
1. Post a link to byhillary on your blog or Facebook or Twitter. If you don't have a blog or twitter then you can follow me on BlogLovin or any RSS service.
2. Follow Misikko on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/misikko
3. Blog about the giveaway on a personal website.
4. Join Misikko Newsletter NOTE this is temporarily broken. I will update when it is fixed. So please do one of the top three things until this is fixed.
"Hi this is Daisy and I just linked to you on my blog Daisybooandwaffle.blogspot.com"
"Daisy again I just followed Misikko on twitter"
As I mentioned I was gifted the iron from Misikko but I did not receive any other compensation. The opinion expressed is my honest opinion. I wouldn't review anything positively if I didn't believe it myself. I don't like it when others do it so I won't do it either!
EDITED TO ADD I was reminded by my lovely husband that right now Misikko is sending with each item purchased a $25 blank check that they would like you to give to the charity of your choice. They provided a list of some Haiti charites. They also included a prestamped blank envelope to mail it to your selected charity.